CARROS DE FOC. Trekking through National Park of Aigüestortes and Sant Maurici. 6 days / 5 nights
About the activity
Total Price: €565 (6 days and 5 nights)
€535 if you book your spot before May 31st. Choose the Early birds ticket.
Advance payment requested: €165
The remaining amount will be paid in cash on the day of the activity.
[IMPORTANT INFORMATION: in order to participate to this activity, it is necessary to have participated to a previous activity with us with a positive elevation gain of more than 1000m. This way, we can assess whether your current fisical condition corresponds to the requirement of this activity. ]
The “Carros de Foc” trekking is a beautiful high mountain circular route that connects the different refuges that guard the impressive Aigüestortes and Sant Maurici National Park, in the heart of the Catalan Pyrenees. It’s the best way to discover the wonderful places that await in this national park and to live the experience of sleeping in high mountain shelters surrounded by peace, tranquility and mountain in its purest form. Ready for the adventure?
Day 1: Departure from Barcelona by car towards Espot, in Pallars Sobirà. In Espot we’ll take the 4WD taxis from the National Park and go up to Estany de Sant Maurici.
Estany de Sant Maurici - Refuge of Amitges (2366m)
Distance: 6.5 Km; Elevation gain: 500m + / 20m-
Day 2: Refuge of Amitges (2366m) - Port de Ratera - Refuge of Saboredo (2299m) - Coth de Sendrosa - Refuge of Colomèrs (2138m)
Distance: 11.5 Km; Elevation gain: 580m + / 830m-
Day 3: Refuge of Colomèrs (2138m) - Port de Caldes - Refuge of Restanca (2010m) - Coll de Tumeneia - Refuge Joan Ventosa i Calvell (2215m)
Distance: 13.5 Km; Elevation gain: 1170m + / 1070m-
Day 4: Refuge of Joan Ventosa i Calvell (2215m) - Collet de Contraix - Refuge of Estany Llong (1987m)
Distance: 10 Km; Elevation gain: 690m + / 930m-
Day 5: Refuge Estany Llong (1987m) - Colladeta de Delui - Refuge Colomina (2420m)
Distance: 12 Km; Elevation: 840m + / 430m-
Day 6: Refuge of Colomina (2420m) - Collada de Saburó - Coll de Monestero - Estany de Sant Maurici
Distance: 12.5 Km; Elevation: 520 + / 1020m-
We’ll go down in 4WD taxi to Espot where we’’ll have a coffee to talk about the experiences and we will return to Barcelona by car
Difficulty: High (experience in hiking from 7 to 8 hours a day is required).
Total distance: 66Km
Total elevation gain: 4300m +
How do we get there?
Sharing private cars from Barcelona. In the booking process, we will ask you if you have a car and how many people can go with you. Each passenger will pay the driver €20 to cover tolls and gasoline.
Accommodation and meals:
We’ll sleep in high mountain shelters on half board basis (sleeping, dinner and breakfast). There is the option of ordering a picnic in each of the shelters with a total supplement of + € 61 for 5 meals (highly recommended). The shelters are equipped with toilets and showers (hot water can have a supplement of € 2 approx.) They have shared rooms with bunk beds. The location of each of the shelters are awesome (1000 star hotel!)
What to bring:
- Mountain footwear (high cane very recommended)
- Sun protection (glasses, hat, sun cream and lip protection)
- Mountain clothes suitable for high mountains (breathable and comfortable)
- Waterproof jacket (required)
- Fleece / down jacket
- Gloves, hat and buff (for the night)
- Spare clothes to change in the shelters
- Headlamp / flashlight (spare batteries)
- Sleeping bag liner (there are blankets in the shelters)
- Picnic for the first day (for 6 days in case of not choosing full board)
- Snacks for 6 days
- Water (1,5L)
- Walking sticks (highly recommended)
- Towel and flip flops
- Backpack + backpack cover (40-45L approx.)
- First aid blanket
Maximum of participants: 8
- 6 days with official mountain guide (TD2)
- 5 nights in high mountain refuges on half board basis
- 2 trips with National Park 4WD taxi
- Insurance in case of accident + RC
- Transportation to Espot: € 20 to the driver to cover toll and gasoline expenses
- Half-day picnic in 5 shelters (total supplement of € 61/5 picnics)
- Additional expenses in the shelters (hot water in the shelters, extra drinks, etc.)
- Expenses caused by the abandonment of the route for any reason or expenses caused by changes in the route for security reasons (transfers, changes in shelters, etc.)
- Carros de Foc official forfait: pass card + map of the area (Alpina editorial) + commemorative gift. (Supplement + € 30 / person) (OPTIONAL)
- Everything not specified in the section + Includes
Covid19: in case of being positive for coronavirus or having to quarantine for having been in contact with a positive, 100% of the down payment is refunded (presenting medical documentation). In case of official mobility restrictions implemented by the government, a 100% refund will also be made.
If you cancel up to 30 days before the activity, 100% refund will be made.
If you cancel between 29 and 7 days before the activity, 50% will be required. In case of last-minute cancellation (less than 7 days), the full amount will be required.
- Early birds Downpayment (25%)€135€1350€0
- Downpayment (29%)€165€1650€0